If your child is interested in climbing and keen to learn, why not try our Term-Time Kids Climbing. The weekly sessions will take them from whatever stage they are currently at and teach them essential safety knowledge and climbing techniques they need to succeed.
By the end of the term they will be well on their way to finishing their level 1 and be ready to move onto Level 2 in the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme.
Book Drop-In Sessions or Save Money By Booking For a Term
If you’re not sure that you want to sign them up for a whole term, you can now book on for single sessions to give your child a taste of climbing each week. If they’re enjoying it they can even start working on filling out their logbook and have a head start at the beginning of the next term.
The National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme for Bouldering (NICAS Bouldering) is a UK-wide scheme which provides structure and motivates new climbers to develop their skills whilst having their achievements recognised.
Your child will learn:
- To develop climbing movement skills and improve levels of ability
- To develop risk assessment and risk management skills in the sport
- To work as a team, communicate with, and trust other climbers
- To provide a structure for development, motivation and improved performance
- To provide a record of personal achievement.
NICAS Level 1 and Level 2:
- Level 1 (New Boulderer): Participants will learn the skills involved in bouldering including basic movement skills, how to use a bouldering wall safely, and the ability to warm-up and down for injury prevention. From 7-16 years old.
- Level 2 (Foundation Boulderer): Participants will further their technical development in association with understanding tactics – how to go about working out the moves, climbing a problem, and managing the risks. All children must have completed NICAS Level 1 (at City Bouldering or other accredited centre) before signing to our Level 2. We have 2 groups: ages 7-11 and ages 12+.
At all times our coaches are there to help them develop their agility, balance, coordination and belief in themselves through fun climbing sessions. Even if your child is an experienced climber they will learn and improve with our coaches.
Upon successful completion of this program students will be awarded their NICAS certificate
The term fee covers all costs, equipment hire, entry and NICAS registration, logbooks and assessments. Drop in sessions cover equipment hire and entry but NICAS registration, logbook and assessments can be charged additionally
Gift voucher for that special someone?
Our digital Gift Vouchers make the ideal present for that special someone and perfect for anyone who's keen on climbing or just keen on staying fit and active.
Our digital Gift Vouchers are delivered instantly by email with a personalised message of your choice. Easy and hassle-free!